The AccuCirc device was specifically designed by a team of engineers and physicians to overcome the limitations that exist with the three conventional circumcision devices. The AccuCirc device has been specifically designed to protect patients from inadvertent injury during the procedure. These benefits include:
1. A surgical pen mark is always used to help guide the incision and reduce the risk of removing too much or too little tissue.
2. Conventional devices require that a dorsal slit or extra incision is made to place the shield. The AccuCirc does not require this incision. By eliminating this extra incision, the AccuCirc eliminates the risk of injuring the urethra.
3. Not all of the conventional devices use a shield to protect the tip of the penis. The AccuCirc uses a shield that ensures the tip of the penis is protected from injury during the procedure. This protects against penile amputation and injury.
4. Some conventional devices require multiple parts that can be mismatched and lead to injuries during the procedure. The AccuCirc device eliminates this risk by ensuring that only correct sized parts can be used together. The device will not allow mismatched parts to be used together, ensuring that the tip of the penis is always protected.
5. Some conventional devices use a tourniquet and require that a plastic shield stays on the penis for several days. These retained parts can cause serious complications and even death. The AccuCirc device does not use a tourniquet and the AccuCirc device is removed immediately following the procedure completely eliminating these risks associated with retained parts.
6. None of the conventional devices have a means to easily adjust the foreskin prior to making the incision. The AccuCirc uses a foreskin holder that allows for very accurate positioning of the foreskin. This improves accuracy and reduces the risk of removing too much or too little tissue.
7. Two of the conventional devices are made of steel and are used multiple times, requiring reprocessing. Reprocessing these clamps over and over can cause damage and wear that can lead to a malfunction of the device and injury. The AccuCirc is a single use device and is disposed after each use. This guarantees its sterility and prevents injuries from worn and damaged parts.
8. Use of the conventional devices can sometimes result in removing too much tissue. The AccuCirc has a safety guard to help ensure that this does not occur. The safety guard helps ensure the correct amount of tissue, and no more, is removed during the procedure.
9. Two of the conventional devices require a scalpel to make the incision and the misplacement of the scalpel can lead to penile injury. The AccuCirc uses a proprietary circular blade that is delivered precisely by the device itself, ensuring that during the incision the tip of the penis is protected.
10. The AccuCirc is a single use, disposable, device and can be used in clinics and areas of the world that lack the infrastructure to reprocess clamps.